Bagit Validation and CIJoe

I’ve started playing around with bagit and some of the other curation microservices. One of the features involved is manifest files w/ checksums of all the data files in the bag. So far I’m still just getting the hang of it but decided to try cbeer’s bagit gem and try hooking the validate function to cijoe integration server. With the bag in git repository it was easy to have cijoe run a simple script that returned zero when validated, or one with output if there was a problem....

February 18, 2011 · 2 min

IE8 Upgrade and Enhanced Security Stuck For Some Profiles

Had an issue with IE upgrades in the recent past where after the upgrade multiple pre-existing profiles would state they were in “Enhanced Security Mode” despite that mode being disabled. New profiles would work fine and Administrator usually did as well. From what I’ve been able to track down, MS hasn’t figured out the exact circumstances that cause it. Fresh installs w/ upgrades before anyone logs in seem to work fine in my experience....

April 5, 2010 · 1 min

If I Had A Heart

If I Had A Heartfrom Fever Rayon Vimeo.

December 5, 2009 · 1 min

Describing Everything - Open Web standards and classification

via @edsu

November 21, 2009 · 1 min

Unicode and Sphinx

I’m not an expert with unicode and ran into various problems in getting Sphinx up and running with bib data for SOPAC2. Below is an overview of what I ended up doing to solve it. There are probably better ways of doing it and if so please share. The Sphinx I’m referring to is the indexing/search programthat works well with MySQL. The case below is using the stock searchd/indexer interface and not the mysql engine which is probably different....

November 21, 2009 · 4 min